JOB ADVERT- Public Health Care Coordinator, CHAL Secretariat, Maseru
The Christian Health Association of Lesotho (CHAL) is a voluntary organization of six member churches, namely the Roman Catholic Church (RCC), Lesotho Evangelical Church in Southern Africa (LECSA), Church of the Bible Covenant (CBC), Assemblies of God (AOG), Seventh Day Adventist Church (SDA), and Anglican Church in Lesotho (ACL). The Association was registered in Lesotho in 1974 under the Societies Act. CHAL facilities include 8 hospitals, 4 Schools of Nursing and 71 Health Centres. It provides about 40% of healthcare services to the population of Lesotho, focusing mainly in the rural and peri-urban areas of the country. The purpose of establishing CHAL was to provide Christian Health services of high quality to communities in various parts of the country. CHAL therefore, invites suitably qualified candidates for the position of PUBLIC HEALTH CARE COORDINATOR
To support the planning and implementation of high quality Primary Health Care (PHC) protocols, standards and activities are extended and maintained throughout the CHAL institutions and catchment areas.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS (KPAs):
• Supports the delivery of high quality PHC services to the communities;
• Supports the implementation of the CHAL PHC strategy;
• Executes the cost effective delivery of CHAL PHC Operational Plan;
• Supports and manages the resources that are allocated to support high quality PHC activities;
• Works closely with the Monitoring and Evaluation of PHC activities;
• Reports timely and effectively on the PHC Operational Plan activities;
• Assesses the local environment for delivery of PHC programs
• Collaborates effectively with the MOH for the implementation of PHC programs.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Guides CHAL health facilities to establish and maintain an integrated linkages on PHC service provision.
• Identifies the challenges, progress and gaps in the quality PHC service delivery models
• Supports the implementation of programs target on the health and social wellbeing of the personnel in the Secretariat and CHAL institutions
• Implements CHAL PHC service delivery concept/model in consultation with stakeholders.
• Collects and analyzes data on the existing PHC structures within CHAL Health Facilities
• Communicates annual national health priorities to facilitate goal directed planning in CHAL Health Facilities
• Supports CHAL Heath Facilities in developing measurable service delivery targets and deliverables consistent with the national health priorities.
• Conducts supportive supervision to CHAL Health Facilities on the implementation of plans.
• Implements the PHC Operational Plan activities as delegated
• Collaborates with MOH & other Stakeholders in planning improved Quality Health Services for the nation
• Designs mechanisms to improve data management and usage within CHAL facilities
• Effectively manages the resources allocated for the PHC activities.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
BSC in Nursing including Public Health or BSC in Public Health or any related programmes.
Minimum of 4 years’ experience in Public Health programmes or projects or in similar environment.
• People management skills
• Knowledge of Lesotho Expanded Immunisation Programme and Vaccine Management
• Excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills.
• Critical thinking and problem solving skills
• Planning and organizing capabilities
• Ability to build capability of others
• Adaptability and flexibility
• Carry out multiple tasks and meet deadlines
• Team work
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit an application letter, Detailed Curriculum Vitae, Certified copies of educational certificates, certified copies of Identity documents and academic transcripts to:
The Human Resources Office
Christian Health Association of Lesotho
P.O. BOX 1632
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
• The closing date for receiving full applications is Friday, 18th August 2023 @ 12:00 Noon.
• Applications submitted after the 18th August 2023 @ 12:00 noon will not be accepted.
• CHAL reserves the right to withdraw or cancel this advert
- For full details please visit www.chal.org.ls