KINGDOM OF LESOTHO
MINISTRY OF AGRICULTURE AND FOOD SECURITY
LESOTHO SMALLHOLDER AGRICULTURE DEVELOPMENT PROJECT II
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES- INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANTS SELECTION METHOD)
LOAN NO: P165228
CREDIT NO: IDA -64220 -LS
ASSIGNMENT TITLE: DATA CLERK
REFERENCE NO: LS-MAFS- 362309-CS-INDV
DURATION: THIRTY-SIX MONTHS
DUTY STATION : PMU MASERU
The Government of Lesotho is implementing the Smallholder Agricultural Development Project (SADP) 2 with financial support from the World Bank, Government of Japan and the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD). The project covers ten districts – Maseru, Leribe, Botha-Bothe, Mokhotlong, Thaba-Tseka, Berea Mafeteng, Mohale’sHoek, Quthing and Qacha’sNek. SADP is coordinated by the Project Management unit (PMU) based in Maseru. The project has four components:
- Component 1. Promoting Climate Smart Agricultural Practices and Advisory Services. This component aims at strengthening the adaptive capacity of smallholder farmers to adjust and modify their production systems to minimize the potential future impacts from climate variability
- Component 2. Improving Agricultural Commercialization and Nutrition. This component will build on Component 1 by addressing financial constraints in the agricultural sector so that the training and advisory services provided under Component 1 is complemented with much-needed financing to help the farming community undertake productive and profitable investments.
- Component 3. Project Management, Coordination and Monitoring and Evaluation It is responsible for: implementation and coordination, financial management and procurement, communication, visibility and awareness programs, environmental management and safeguards, and monitoring and evaluation.
- Component 4. Contingency Emergency Response Component (CERC). This is a zero allocation to partially cover emergency response via implementation of key activities by the appropriate agencies to respond to the emergency.
2. OBJECTIVES OF THE ASSIGNMENT
Reporting to the Monitoring and Evaluation specialist, the Data Entry Clerk will support the Monitoring and Evaluation Department by entering data into the available management information system. She/He will be expected to collect, prepare, enter, verify, and ensure accuracy of Project related data into the online database.
• Collection of data from various farmers and extensions agents in all the 10 districts.
• Prepare, compile and sort documents (concept notes, proposals, and other documents available) for data entry.
• Check source documents for accuracy before entry in the MIS
• Verify data and correct data where necessary following recommended data correction guidelines Obtain further information for incomplete documents and engage relevant officers.
• Enter data from source documents into the MIS
• Check and verify the completed work in the system for accuracy.
• Maintain logbooks or records of activities and tasks conducted.
• Respond to requests for information and access relevant files as need be.
• Comply with data integrity and security policies.
• Any other tasks as assigned by the Monitoring and Evaluation specialist.
• Undertake any other related duties assigned by the M&E Specialist
4.CONTRACT DURATION AND CONDITION
• Contract duration is three years, but renewable upon satisfactory performance of the incumbent and subject to business continuity and availability of funds. The assignment is planned to condescendence by June/July 2023.
5. FACILITIES TO BE PROVIDED BY THE CLIENT
• The Client shall render the Officer with all such facilities as may be reasonably required to enable the Officer to discharge his/her duties that is office space, laptop/computer, landline telephone, and transport related to the assignment delivery.
6. SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Should be excellent with typing on a computer
• Good knowledge of computer and application packages
• Good planning and organization skills
• Be proactive
• Pay attention to details
• Be Innovative and creative
• Be Organized and able to multi-task
• Have teamwork spirit
• Problem solver Formal education and experience
7. DELIVERABLES AND FINAL OUTPUTS
• Prepare, compile and sort documents (concept notes, proposals, and other documents available) for data entry
• Check source documents for accuracy before entry in the management information system
• Verify data and correct data where necessary, following recommended data correction guidelines
• Obtain further information for incomplete documents and engage relevant officers
• Enter data from source documents into the management information system
• Check and verify the completed work in the system for accuracy
• Maintain logbooks or records of activities and tasks conducted
• Respond to requests for information and access relevant files as need be
• Comply with data integrity and security policies
8. QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRED EXPERIENCE
• University degree in Statistics with One year experience working as Data clerk.
• Proven Strong computer skills (able to use Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Formal computer training may be advantageous in progressing in this career;
• Proven Strong written and verbal (English) communication skills;
• Proven abilities to work effectively in team environment, and with minimum supervision;
• Proven to work under pressure in fast-paced professional working environment;
9.CLIENT ASSIGNMENT MANAGEMENT AND REPORTING ARRANGEMENTS
The consultant is subject to an annual performance review. The performance evaluation shall be based on the work program/ plan prepared at the beginning of each rated period.
10.CLIENT ASSIGNMENT MANAGEMENT AND REPORTING ARRANGEMENTS
- The consultant is subject to an annual performance review. The performance evaluation shall be based on the work program/ plan prepared at the beginning of each rated period.
- Project Director – SADP II is responsible for the coordination of activities acceptance and approval of the reports.
The short-listed candidate will be requested to participate in personal interviews and submit the names and contact details of personal referees who can attest to their abilities. A pre-employment screening and background check will be done on all short-listed candidates. The successful candidate must understand the objectives and delivery mechanisms of the projects’ portfolio. He/she must be willing to work in a team, be flexible to emerging or changing conditions, and undertake initiative in his/her broad field of actions.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section III paragraph 3.14 to 3.17 of THE WORLD BANK’S Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers, PROCUREMENT IN INVESTMENT PROJECT FINANCING Goods, Works, Non-Consulting and Consulting Services, Fourth Edition, November 2020, setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest. A consultant will be selected in accordance with selection of Individual Consultants Method set out in Procurement Regulations.
Expressions of interest accompanied by detailed CV must be delivered in a written form to the address below by email by 12:00hrs local time on the 16th June 2023 clearly marked ‘’ Expression of Interest for Data Clerk ”
To: Project Director SADP
Ministry of Agriculture and Food Security
Department of Livestock Services -Moshoeshoe 11
P.O. Box 24
Maseru 100 Lesotho.
All applications should be submitted through email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.