Join our Team!!!
Position: News Videographer/Editor
Newsday Media is seeking a highly-skilled, creative photographer and editor who can create sharable and compelling content for television, digital platforms, social media and mobile, who can tell great stories independently or with a team. Must acts with urgency in breaking news situations and is able to participate in live performance on air and on live streaming when necessary.
The candidate should be familiar with the latest photography, editing tools and techniques.
- Use the latest editing and photography tools to tell great stories.
- Produce original content on all digital platforms that evoke emotion and tell compelling stories.
- Use creative production techniques such as graphics and other forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories.
- Cover breaking, general, sports, weather stories and features, often in partnership with our multi-skilled journalists.
- Produce news stories that are unique and captivating.
- Attend editorial meetings, participate in discussions, and suggest story ideas.
- Operate live units.
- Perform other tasks as required by other News Managers and Assignment Editors.
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
- 2-5 years of experience preferred.
- Experience in photojournalism, editing, and content management systems.
- Experience with Edius and/or Adobe Premiere, a plus
- Proven ability to generate creative, engaging, content-driven live shots.
- SNG experience, a plus
- Drone certification or strong desire to learn, a plus.
- Demonstrated news judgment, writing skills, photography experience, and non-linear editing skills.
- Must be flexible with schedule, reliable and dependable.
- Understanding of the tenets of professional journalism
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines.
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekend, night and holiday shifts.
- Be willing to travel often in covering unique content
*Applications can be hand delivered at Newsday Media offices at Carlton Center 3rd Floor, Room 302 OR emailed to email@example.com on or before July 14, 2023